Friday, August 20, 2010

Nanette Lepore

My absolute favorite! :D
Images from style.com
These are images from Nanette Lepore's RTW 2010 Fall collection. I honestly had no idea about her. Did you? I stumbled upon her when I googled "velvet". I checked her collection out, and I loved it very much. These images here were my most favorite! Especially the second to last image. What I liked about this collection were the rich colors she used: the reds, the greens, and the blues. There's a little of orange in it, I must say that even though I am not very fond of the color orange (at all), the shade of orange here works out perfectly! On style.com she mentioned her inspiration by stating, "I looked at a Renaissance portrait and bumped up the colors". I personally love the renaissance and medieval ages colors. Actually when I took a Textile Design class in the spring, I designed a collection of Medieval/Robin Hood inspired textiles for the fall. Lepore's collection reminded me of my own textile collection. Well I hope you guys liked as much as I did! Do you guys have a favorite collection? Let me know what you guys think! Hope you have an amazing fantastic weekend!! 

-Daisy :)

2 comments:

  1. Estupenda prendas,me gusta la colección, es tan Otoñal! y los colores me encantan...
    saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola, me encanto su coleccion, tienes razon, los colores son lo de lo mejor, aun que sea invierno no esta mal colores vivos...saludos
    espero visites mi blog...
    www.elestiloimporta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)